Happy Tuesday everyone! How was your Monday? I hope it was a good one. Have a great day 🙂
Last week, I posted about a red pepper infused oil I made and a bunch of said you were interested in seeing a post. I figured instead of just writing about that one, I would write about all 3 DIY gifts I am making. Enjoy 🙂
Red Pepper Infused Olive Oil
This gift would be perfect for someone who enjoys spicy food. A splash of this in a pan to saute veggies or over some pasta would add the perfect amount of spice. Plus the scent is amazing!
Crushed red pepper
- Measure how much water will fit in your container if you do not know. Pour that amount of olive oil into a pan.
- For every 1 cup of oil, use 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. For me it was a little over 2.5 cups and I used 5 teaspoons of red pepper.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Take off heat and cool completely.
- Pour into airtight container.
Holiday Cookies in a Jar
Do you know someone who likes to bake or just eat cookies? If so this will be perfect. You should have all of the ingredients in your house so the only thing you would need to buy would be a Mason jar. I was going to put the normal chocolate chip cookie recipe into the jar but I looked and it wouldn’t fit. The original recipe can be found here.
- Layer the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the bottom of the jar. I was able to do it right form the measuring cup but use a paper plate rolled up as a funnel if necessary.
- Next, carefully add the M&Ms to the jar. You don’t want to just dump them in or they will sink into the flour.
- Using a spoon, add the brown sugar followed by the white sugar.
- Tie a ribbon around the jar and wrap as you see fit!
You can use whatever kind of candy you would like. If you don’t have M&Ms, chocolate chips would work or you could even do Reese’s Pieces (which sounds amazing to me!).
If you want to use a piece of fabric over top of the jar that would look just as darling as a ribbon.
Sugar Body Scrub
A sugar scrub would be perfect to give to someone who deserves some at home pampering. This would be a super cute addition to an at home spa type gift. Give a new nail polish and a face mask for the perfect pamper yourself present.
1 part oil (I used olive)
3 parts sugar
A few drops mint extract
Note: To fill the container I had, I used 1/4 cup olive oil and 3/4 sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and oil until combined. I ended up having to use a little extra oil to get the consistency I wanted.
- To check the consistency, rub a little between your fingers.
- Once mixed thoroughly add a few drops of mint extract. Start slow! This was you can build the scent to the level your desire.
- When thoroughly mixed, scoop into the container.
I hope you found some inspiration for any last minute gifts. These are great to give to so many people. Let me know if you end up making them and what you think 🙂
Question of the day: Do you ever make gifts for people?