Happy Saturday! Have a great day 🙂
Yesterday morning did not feel like a Friday. I’ve been off all week since Monday was a holiday and I was off of work. Did anyone else feel that way or was it just me? For breakfast I made toast and topped it with peanut butter and chia seeds. If you don’t have chia seeds, I recommended grabbing a bag! I add them to smoothies, overnight oats and top toast with it. They’re a great source of protein.
I always have a yogurt around 3 as an afternoon snack at work. A week ago, I found a new flavor at the store for fall – apple cinnamon. Since it was new I figured I’d give it a try. Unfortunately I wasn’t a fan. The flavor was okay but it tastes like straight cinnamon yogurt and I didn’t get any apple out of it.
Alex’s uncle is visiting this weekend so I got home from work and made a dessert. When our friend Sarah came over the other week, she brought a healthy dessert with her. I wanted to give it a try. We didn’t tell anyone what was in it until after they tasted it. Alex’s dad was completely shocked when I said chick peas were the main ingredient. It looks like we have a new go-to dessert recipe! It’s super easy too but I recommend a food processor for mixing. My blender is a nitro ninja (which I love!) but it didn’t mash al of the chick peas perfectly.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
*This recipe is from Joy Food Sunshine and I modified it to fit the ingredients I have in my cabinets.
What you’ll need
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ or 9″ glass baking dish and set aside.
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and sea salt on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until edges start to pull away from the sides, top is set and slightly golden brown.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes then enjoy!
Question of the day: Do you like any fall flavored foods? Such as pumpkin spice Cheerios or apple cinnamon yogurt.